Tiki Obmar High School Confidential
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Merck
It makes sense that Graham Chapman, Chris Smally and Brett Bullion have tastes that encompass Oval to Tori Amos-the gathering of experimental techno, indie rock and old-fashioned melancholy on High School Confidential is extreme, even within individual songs. It's not uncommon for a snare loop to contract to mere whispers seconds before catapulting into intense, teen angst-filled guitar chords. While such drastic changes of music and emotion may raise skeptical eyebrows, Tiki Obmar somehow ensures that all elements fit into a single frame.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player