Tim Exile Listening Tree
- Words: Brigid Moore
- Label: Warp
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
In a clear departure from his previous work as an IDM, drum n’ bass, and breakcore producer, Tim Exile’s latest disc delves into the dark side of electro-pop. With production more akin to The Knife than Dan Doormouse, Listening Tree is dense with complicated, schizophrenic layers of vibrant synths. Standout “Family Galaxy” slowly builds into a twisted, kaleidoscopic journey, while “Don’t Think We’re One” openly flirts with the Depeche Mode catalog. The hardest part of listening to Listening Tree is deciding whether to dance or just sit back and absorb the ideas Exile has crammed into each track.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player