Tim Hecker Mirages
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Alien8
Tim Hecker enjoys tossing his listeners into the open sea with only their hypothermic hallucinations to keep them company. He typically chisels a pristine din out of soot-clogged guitar distortion and symphonics that litter from the heavens. Mirages is rather conservative, resembling a B-side collection of his two earlier albums, but the drifting cadence and metallic timbres that color its information-pollution blues all keep things engrossing. The opener, Acephale," first erupts into a teeth-gnashing guitar solo before nodding off into an absinthe stupor, while the highlights, "Neither More or Less" and "Celestina" are both brooding stroboscope soundtracks. Stay asleep, Tim.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player