Tim Paris Architexture
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Virgo
"One Man's Monument Is Another Man's Grave from French" remix talent Tim Paris, throbs with a fat breakbeat, standup bass, new wave handclaps and vocals from rapper Mike Ladd. Is it hip-house? Techno? Breaks? All of these and none, but it doesn't matter as it's a rollicking, two-steps-forward-one-step-back track that enlivens floors and enlightens minds. Ladd shouts out the Washington Monument as the world's biggest phallus while Paris dresses up Detroit keys in Christmas lights and lets an acid b-line eat away at the myth from inside. Fiendish.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player