Tim Paris Architexture
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Virgo
"One Man's Monument Is Another Man's Grave from French" remix talent Tim Paris, throbs with a fat breakbeat, standup bass, new wave handclaps and vocals from rapper Mike Ladd. Is it hip-house? Techno? Breaks? All of these and none, but it doesn't matter as it's a rollicking, two-steps-forward-one-step-back track that enlivens floors and enlightens minds. Ladd shouts out the Washington Monument as the world's biggest phallus while Paris dresses up Detroit keys in Christmas lights and lets an acid b-line eat away at the myth from inside. Fiendish.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player