The Timeout Drawer NOWONMAI
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Consumer's Research and Development
I have a particularly soft spot for instrumental rock fed through a shitload of effects, so The Timeout Drawer's mind-melding of Mogwai's brute guitar attack and Animals-era Floyd prog is a perfect match. Like their previous effort Presents Left for the Living Dead, Timeout's newest specializes in epic soundtracking. Almost all of the release boasts multi-movement machine fucks stretching past the five-minute mark, especially the sprawling "Burning With Tears, I Commit to Destroying You" and the hard-charging finale "What Looked Like Morning Was the Beginning of Endless Night." They may bring the wordy titles, but there's pain pulsating beneath Timeout's engine. More than they want.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player