The Timeout Drawer NOWONMAI
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Consumer's Research and Development
I have a particularly soft spot for instrumental rock fed through a shitload of effects, so The Timeout Drawer's mind-melding of Mogwai's brute guitar attack and Animals-era Floyd prog is a perfect match. Like their previous effort Presents Left for the Living Dead, Timeout's newest specializes in epic soundtracking. Almost all of the release boasts multi-movement machine fucks stretching past the five-minute mark, especially the sprawling "Burning With Tears, I Commit to Destroying You" and the hard-charging finale "What Looked Like Morning Was the Beginning of Endless Night." They may bring the wordy titles, but there's pain pulsating beneath Timeout's engine. More than they want.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player