The Timeout Drawer NOWONMAI
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Consumer's Research and Development
I have a particularly soft spot for instrumental rock fed through a shitload of effects, so The Timeout Drawer's mind-melding of Mogwai's brute guitar attack and Animals-era Floyd prog is a perfect match. Like their previous effort Presents Left for the Living Dead, Timeout's newest specializes in epic soundtracking. Almost all of the release boasts multi-movement machine fucks stretching past the five-minute mark, especially the sprawling "Burning With Tears, I Commit to Destroying You" and the hard-charging finale "What Looked Like Morning Was the Beginning of Endless Night." They may bring the wordy titles, but there's pain pulsating beneath Timeout's engine. More than they want.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player