The Timeout Drawer NOWONMAI
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Consumer's Research and Development
I have a particularly soft spot for instrumental rock fed through a shitload of effects, so The Timeout Drawer's mind-melding of Mogwai's brute guitar attack and Animals-era Floyd prog is a perfect match. Like their previous effort Presents Left for the Living Dead, Timeout's newest specializes in epic soundtracking. Almost all of the release boasts multi-movement machine fucks stretching past the five-minute mark, especially the sprawling "Burning With Tears, I Commit to Destroying You" and the hard-charging finale "What Looked Like Morning Was the Beginning of Endless Night." They may bring the wordy titles, but there's pain pulsating beneath Timeout's engine. More than they want.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player