Tobias Thomas Smallville
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Kompakt
Although one of Kompakt's less visible family members, Tobias Thomas has been intimately involved in the Cologne techno label's dirty work since its earliest days. Not a beat-mixer (gaffes make it obvious it's not digitally edited), Smallville purports to reflect the growth of a small dancing community-small, as in beatless (Kaito's mesmerizing "Release Your Body") and narrow-ranging (it's similarly calm through select cuts by Aril Brikha, Jan Jelinek, and Le Dust Sucker). The release is a pleasant if temporary indulgence amidst so many balls-to-the-wall anthem comps out right now. Oh, and it doesn't have shit to do with the TV show.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player