Tod Dockstader Aerial #3
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Sub Rosa
Tod Dockstader can make you believe that everything you hear on the radio is from another planet. Aerial #3 marks the final volume of the musique concr?te pioneer's project, which translated hundreds of recorded hours of shortwave radio transmissions into music. Just like the previous chapters, the results range from deep, murmuring drones that fly over wastelands to microtones that crawl under your feet. It's disappointing that Dockstader did not explore the noise of voices regularly broadcast, but his Aerial series still delivers some of the eeriest sounds of the past year.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player