Toddla T Fabriclive 47
Fabric might be famously located in London, but the album series spawned by the club has been admirably international, and although Toddla T is a fellow Brit, his entry into the line reflects the same border-hopping spirit. The 24-year-old is a Sheffield boy, and his mix of 21 tracks draws heavily on dubstep, dancehall, and ragga. Much here comes courtesy of Toddla T himself, but he manages to shoehorn in Busy Signal, a Duffy remix, Sticky, and others in a relentlessly breathless set. “Amen,” from Stone featuring Roots Manuva, threads in gospel against manic beats, the Wittyboy remix of Alex Mills' “Beyond Words” brings in yearning female vocals, and the Caspa remix of “I Remember” from Deadmau5 and Kaskade, the album closer, winds things down nicely.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player