Tom Middleton Lifetracks
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: Six Degrees
He hails from the English coast of Cornwall, sports a bearded visage in nearly every photo, has a production credit on the original Analogue Bubblebath EP– you’re thinking Aphex Twin, right? Actually, Tom Middleton is the man in question –a major force behind Global Communication, Cosmos, Reload, The Jedi Knights, and myriad other aliases. Harkening back to the angelic bliss of Global Communication’s 76:14, Middleton’s solo debut, Lifetracks, is swathed with emotion from start to finish. The second half of the album is where Middleton truly hits recline on the studio chair and lets his trademark melodies work their magic, though: Tracks like “Margherita” and “Moonbathing” are steeped in mood and purity throughout.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player