Tom Vek We Have Sound
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Universal
We Americans had our chance at early ‘80s dance rock already and nobody (save maybe the DFA) came close to Talking Heads or Gang of Four. Now it‘s Tom Vek‘s turn, and the one-Englishman band supports his half-yelped deadpan vocals with a powerful, straight-ahead rhythmic bash. "If You Want" rocks snappy bass, cowbells, claps and metronomic guitars, while rusty drum machines and keyboard squawks supplement the twangy guitar lines of "That Can Be Arranged." The obligatory disco-rock of "I Ain‘t Saying My Goodbyes" works fine, and if Vek switches up his vocal style more, he should be one to watch.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player