Tomasz Bednarczyk Let's Make Better Mistakes Tomorrow
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: 12k
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Like many minimalist greats before him, Poland’s Tomasz Bednarczyk simply takes a bare sound from a piano or an electric guitar and loops it until every grain of emotion expires with each breath. Ghostly traces of a hymnal organ drone and sway between the headphone speakers on the immaculate "Kyoto" and "So," the latter drifting out to sea like a burning funeral pyre. Gentle, jazz piano chords are repeated on "The Sketch" while Bednarczyk colors in echoed notes and field recordings of playing children. There are a few cracks in the album, namely "Autumn," which resembles a tepid, lukewarm remix of Tim Hecker's "Sea of Pulses." But ultimately, Let’s Make evokes emotions that so many lyrics would fail to express.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player