- Words: James Mayo
- Label: QN5
Growing up in Miami, Tonedeff learned to rap by freestyling over the region‘s popular 120-plus bpm records. You can tell by listening to the hyperkinetic flow he brings to "Heavyweight." Lines like "I stay flagrant with lyrics nastier than Tammy Faye bathing" drop faster than Lil‘ Kim‘s dress at a music industry gathering. The hilarious "Pervert" sounds like a sped-up Biz Markie chopped up with Mozart. He displays a serious side on "Politics" and "Masochist," which breathes life into the tired subject of the plight of the indie rapper. Tonedeff‘s quotable quotient is worth the listen, if you can keep up.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player