Tortured Soul Introducing Tortured Soul
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Purpose
Somewhere far from the tourist-trapping Vegas strip, there exists a truly elegant casino, a spot beyond the imagination of the jocular Swingers duo. Tortured Soul would be this den of sin‘s house band, doling out their "we‘ll be here all weekend" shtick while laying down soulful grooves. Crooner John-Christian Ulrich attains a vibe akin to Jamiroquai or Prince, but mellower. Bassist JKriv, keyboardist Ethan White, and Ulrich, who doubles up on drums, create blissed-out tracks that curl around your head like cigarette smoke. Introducing Tortured Soul occasionally slides into hipster background music territory, but it always stays cool and classy.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player