Tortured Soul Introducing Tortured Soul
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Purpose
Somewhere far from the tourist-trapping Vegas strip, there exists a truly elegant casino, a spot beyond the imagination of the jocular Swingers duo. Tortured Soul would be this den of sin‘s house band, doling out their "we‘ll be here all weekend" shtick while laying down soulful grooves. Crooner John-Christian Ulrich attains a vibe akin to Jamiroquai or Prince, but mellower. Bassist JKriv, keyboardist Ethan White, and Ulrich, who doubles up on drums, create blissed-out tracks that curl around your head like cigarette smoke. Introducing Tortured Soul occasionally slides into hipster background music territory, but it always stays cool and classy.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player