Tracey Thorn Out of the Woods
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Virgin
Tracey Thorn seems nostalgic for Britain's melancholic new wave. And who can blame her? As the boisterous glare of Lily Allen & Co. takes over British pop, the subtle balladeer that Thorn represented in Everything But The Girl has slipped even deeper into the shadows. Thorn's new disc-which includes production and writing help from Ewan Pearson, Metro Area's Darshan Jesrani, and others-proves there's plenty of room for both. With warm electro and synth-pop sounds and EBTG-esque house beats, the disc shimmers with lamentation and shines with regret: A masterwork of forging beautiful pop from England's permanent sense of woe.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player