A-Trak Running Man: Nike+ Original Run
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Nike
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Over the years, Montreal’s A-Trak has gained more acclaim as a battle-tested turntablist and club DJ than a producer. But on his debut LP, created specifically for the Nike+ Original Run series, he proves to be a consistently capable beat-maker. Considering that A-Trak was asked to make this recording precisely for the enjoyment of runners, his synth-soaked electro creations work pretty well here. But a mellow single with his recent Fool’s Gold signee, Kid Cudi, sounds out of place sitting right in the middle of this oft-pulsing album. Minus a few missteps, for a first full-length effort crafted for such a focused audience, A-Trak gets the job done.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player