A-Trak Running Man: Nike+ Original Run
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Nike
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Over the years, Montreal’s A-Trak has gained more acclaim as a battle-tested turntablist and club DJ than a producer. But on his debut LP, created specifically for the Nike+ Original Run series, he proves to be a consistently capable beat-maker. Considering that A-Trak was asked to make this recording precisely for the enjoyment of runners, his synth-soaked electro creations work pretty well here. But a mellow single with his recent Fool’s Gold signee, Kid Cudi, sounds out of place sitting right in the middle of this oft-pulsing album. Minus a few missteps, for a first full-length effort crafted for such a focused audience, A-Trak gets the job done.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player