A-Trak Running Man: Nike+ Original Run
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Nike
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Over the years, Montreal’s A-Trak has gained more acclaim as a battle-tested turntablist and club DJ than a producer. But on his debut LP, created specifically for the Nike+ Original Run series, he proves to be a consistently capable beat-maker. Considering that A-Trak was asked to make this recording precisely for the enjoyment of runners, his synth-soaked electro creations work pretty well here. But a mellow single with his recent Fool’s Gold signee, Kid Cudi, sounds out of place sitting right in the middle of this oft-pulsing album. Minus a few missteps, for a first full-length effort crafted for such a focused audience, A-Trak gets the job done.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player