Trentemøller The Trentemøller Chronicles
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Audiomatique
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
One doesn’t really expect a producer with a public output of fewer than five years to be at a “chronicles” stage in his career, but then again, not many producers/remixers are as in demand as Trentemøller. This stunning double-CD sweeps together 20-plus original tracks and remixes, most of which were released on small compilations or singles. They highlight everything everyone loved about Trentemøller’s full-length, The Last Resort: the play of icy against warm; the squelch of electro against techno kicks; and the staggeringly high production value that somehow never feels overdone. Whether he’s presenting his original tracks or acting as your guide to artists that he’s remixed (Röyksopp, The Knife), Trentemøller is always a dazzling showman.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player