Trio Exclusiv International Standards
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Klein
This Viennese combo-drummer Mex Wolfsteiner, trumpeter Richie Klammer, and guitarist Franz Reisecker (with multi-instrumentalist Martin Zrost) invokes nostalgia with accomplished disco-jazz on International Standards, using guest vocalists to further invigorate grooves that are anything but dusty. Their clean, funky production segues seamlessly from aperitifs in the hotel lobby (where Austrian Louie Austen channels Sinatra over the car-chase frenetics of "Honalee") to the handclap-filled dancefloor of G. Rizo‘s "A Time to Feel" to a nightcap in the leisure suite with Terry Callier, soulful and robust as ever on "Slo-Mo" and its dub redux. International Standards is exclusive swank that the masses should hear.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player