Trio Exclusiv International Standards
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Klein
This Viennese combo-drummer Mex Wolfsteiner, trumpeter Richie Klammer, and guitarist Franz Reisecker (with multi-instrumentalist Martin Zrost) invokes nostalgia with accomplished disco-jazz on International Standards, using guest vocalists to further invigorate grooves that are anything but dusty. Their clean, funky production segues seamlessly from aperitifs in the hotel lobby (where Austrian Louie Austen channels Sinatra over the car-chase frenetics of "Honalee") to the handclap-filled dancefloor of G. Rizo‘s "A Time to Feel" to a nightcap in the leisure suite with Terry Callier, soulful and robust as ever on "Slo-Mo" and its dub redux. International Standards is exclusive swank that the masses should hear.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player