Triola Triola Im Funftonraum
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: Kompakt
An iconic figure on Germany‘s techno scene, Jörg Burger tends to cook up new aliases every few releases or so; Triola is the newest edition to the fold, meant to complement his previous work as The Bionaut, Burger/Ink, The Modernist, and more. What has remained constant throughout his lengthy discography is a meticulous attention to detail-similar to the rich palette of Swayzak or Kirk DeGiorgio, as opposed to the monochromatic, stripped-down vision of techno espoused by Jeff Mills or Adam Beyer. This album is no different, as luxuriant melodies steeped in effusive warmth provide for a relaxing listening experience and an introduction to Kompakt‘s softer side.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player