Triosk Moment Returns
- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Leaf
Jazz trios jumping into electronic waters is no big deal anymore, but Sydney's Triosk are more resourceful than most. Sure, they can swing (as on the ominous "Chronosynclastic Infundibula"), but they also pre-treat their improvisations with freak loops, exotic self-sampling and Pro Tools splice and dice angles. As a result, Moment Returns moves into lush terrain that imagines Keith Jarrett soloing in a lone pod set on a course to outer space. The gurgles and gasses that accompany the "Birdland"-like bassline of "Re-Ignite" and the vinyl crackles of "Awake" help imbue this trio's jazz with an electrified hothouse fragrance.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player