Tristeza El Nuestro Desafio
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Better Looking
Unlike the spiraling guitar instrumentals of their previous effort A Colores, Tristeza's latest disc is a mostly formless slate of ambient drum-tracking. Sure, there are a few atmospherics, but barely any of them come from a guitar, and none of the songs stick around long anyway. Only the hypnotic nine-minute title track aims for epic proportions; the rest barely clock in more than two minutes apiece, and often sound like half-finished experiments that were adopted then abandoned. Much more compelling and illuminating is the accompanying DVD, which shows the band gut it out on the road.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player