Tujiko Noriko Solo
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Editions Mego
Not unlike Tujiko Noriko's collaboration with Aoki Takamasa, Solo is a lush amalgamation of synth pads, off-time percussion, and Tujiko's serene vocals. But on her third full-length for Editions Mego (formerly Mego), Tujiko's experimental-pop production reaches levels of maturity yet unheard, with added layers of strings, guitars, and affected noises springing up throughout. Although Solo isn't necessarily an enormous departure from her prior work, tracks like "I Love You" and "Ending Kiss" find the veteran bellowing with the same strife as Blonde Redhead's Kazu Makino, uniquely complimenting her always-evolving and blossoming productions.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player