Tujiko Noriko Solo
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Editions Mego
Not unlike Tujiko Noriko's collaboration with Aoki Takamasa, Solo is a lush amalgamation of synth pads, off-time percussion, and Tujiko's serene vocals. But on her third full-length for Editions Mego (formerly Mego), Tujiko's experimental-pop production reaches levels of maturity yet unheard, with added layers of strings, guitars, and affected noises springing up throughout. Although Solo isn't necessarily an enormous departure from her prior work, tracks like "I Love You" and "Ending Kiss" find the veteran bellowing with the same strife as Blonde Redhead's Kazu Makino, uniquely complimenting her always-evolving and blossoming productions.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player