Turbulence Do Good
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: Minor 7 Flat 5
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
You might recognize his signature exclamation (bu-bloh!), but reggae sing-jay Turbulence is not as well-known as contemporaries Sizzla, Anthony B, or Capleton, even though he's released a dozen albums in half as many years. But creative productivity in reggae frequently means quality control goes out the door. Not the case on Do Good, as German producer Brotherman gathers Dean Frasier, Horsemouth Wallace, and other top-flight live musicians at Jamaica's Tuff Gong studio to guide this offering. Brotherman's rootsy one-drop riddims match Turbulence's strong, arcing timbre like a colorful bobo turban. It's good reggae done great!
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player