Tussle Kling Klang
- Words: Jonathan Zwickel
- Label: Troubleman
Imagine the scene: the Blue Man Group battles the cast of Stomp in a black-lit warehouse while King Tubby broadcasts the mayhem through a transistor radio equipped with a Volkswagen-sized subwoofer. Tussle takes a slice of reedy, early '80s post-punk and mellows it with dub's heavy-lidded throb and cavernous reverb. A drum circle's worth of fluttering percussion-rim shots, hand claps, snare hits, cow bell-keeps the push-pull from tearing down the middle. This LP doesn't stray from the funky precedent previously established by the San Francisco four-piece; rather, it provides a deeply hypnotizing, fully-developed extension of it.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player