Tussle Telescope Mind
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Smalltown Supersound
Heretofore, San Francisco's Tussle was the answer to the question, "What if Liquid Liquid and Neu! jammed in Lee Perry's studio?" That may be reductionist, but Tussle are reductionists extraordinaire. Masters of minimalist funk and motorik mantras, dons of disorienting dub, Tussle reaches a lofty peak with Telescope Mind. The band achieves a fruitful synthesis between psychedelic tone exploration (bells, buckets, bottles, bicycle wheel, and cowbell) and its patented, mesmerizing, Möbius-strip funk jams. The music is simultaneously regimented and free, making you want to propel yourself with unabashed speed and efficiency. And that's a noble thing to inspire.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player