TV On The Radio Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Touch & Go
With a skronk and a grating groove, New York trio TV on the Radio opens its debut full-length, a montage of dense, droning dream-pop doo-wop. It is in the tug of croon against crags, the discordant grain of the emotional fissures the group rends and forges, that these guys find their thrall, their disparate bop equally desperate and buoyant. TVOR is an idiosyncratic entity, commanding jagged menacing plod and shimmering soul atmospherics in the spirit of the Bowie/Eno/Berlin trilogy. The sound is a submerged surge. The experience is baptismal. TV on the Radio is the manic street preacher prophesizing contemplative chaos.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player