TV On The Radio Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Touch & Go
With a skronk and a grating groove, New York trio TV on the Radio opens its debut full-length, a montage of dense, droning dream-pop doo-wop. It is in the tug of croon against crags, the discordant grain of the emotional fissures the group rends and forges, that these guys find their thrall, their disparate bop equally desperate and buoyant. TVOR is an idiosyncratic entity, commanding jagged menacing plod and shimmering soul atmospherics in the spirit of the Bowie/Eno/Berlin trilogy. The sound is a submerged surge. The experience is baptismal. TV on the Radio is the manic street preacher prophesizing contemplative chaos.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player