Twilight Circus Dub From The Secret Vaults
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: ROIR
Ryan Moore reads aloud from his musical journal about a decade-long adventure across the sounds of the universe. Big Youth's legendary voice sent him off and, some tape delay later, he stopped by On-U's African Head Charge, where he mixed vintage sound system and Burru drumming, but not before he dined with the Arawak Indians, who taught him the sitar. He had one last night before the spacey "Lift Off," so the Bar Kays brought him "East Of Memphis," where they recalled reggae's early reliance on soul with a heavy Hammond. All these people and places appear, and yet Moore was all alone, producing this ethnomusicologocial epic from the confines of his "secret dub lab."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player