Twilight Circus Dub From The Secret Vaults
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: ROIR
Ryan Moore reads aloud from his musical journal about a decade-long adventure across the sounds of the universe. Big Youth's legendary voice sent him off and, some tape delay later, he stopped by On-U's African Head Charge, where he mixed vintage sound system and Burru drumming, but not before he dined with the Arawak Indians, who taught him the sitar. He had one last night before the spacey "Lift Off," so the Bar Kays brought him "East Of Memphis," where they recalled reggae's early reliance on soul with a heavy Hammond. All these people and places appear, and yet Moore was all alone, producing this ethnomusicologocial epic from the confines of his "secret dub lab."
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player