Twilight Circus The Essential Collection
- Words: Tim Hasle
- Label: M
Many were taken aback when longtime Legendary Pink Dot Ryan Moore entered the yawning chasm of dub music. But they were far from disappointed with the results. Moore seized upon the analog implements of Caribbean technology and created mammoth, concave exercises in the echo chamber. His unique, thunderous sounds avoid the two fatal mistakes of contemporary dub practitioners-attempting to mimic King Tubby's lo-fi aesthetic, and using racks of digital gear that result in "dub lite" (is there anything worse?). If you want your contacts blown out of your eyes, go straight to the "Lowell & Nine-Dub Plate." It's underground nuclear testing without the poison.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Co-Op 87
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
- NewsRustie, Talaboman, Ben UFO, Jacques Greene, How to Dress Well, and More Added to Club to Club 2014 Line-Up
XLR8R Downloads Player