Twilight Circus The Essential Collection
- Words: Tim Hasle
- Label: M
Many were taken aback when longtime Legendary Pink Dot Ryan Moore entered the yawning chasm of dub music. But they were far from disappointed with the results. Moore seized upon the analog implements of Caribbean technology and created mammoth, concave exercises in the echo chamber. His unique, thunderous sounds avoid the two fatal mistakes of contemporary dub practitioners-attempting to mimic King Tubby's lo-fi aesthetic, and using racks of digital gear that result in "dub lite" (is there anything worse?). If you want your contacts blown out of your eyes, go straight to the "Lowell & Nine-Dub Plate." It's underground nuclear testing without the poison.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player