Two Lone Swordsmen From the Double Gone Chapel
- Words: Si Hawkins
- Label: Warp
Who said guitars were dead? With their first Swordsmen release for four years, Weatherall and Tenniswood become axemen, trading punk and funk licks like two session musicians let off the leash. Chapel does begin with the squelchy dub of "Stack Up" and "Faux"'s odd synths, but from there drums and bass guitars rule. "Formica Fuego" could be a Charlatans UK instrumental, for example, while "Sex Beat" is prime punk and "Punches and Knives" is one of several slow grooves showcasing Weatherall's distinctive, if dreary, voice. Drums, guitars and singing, huh? It could just catch on.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player