Two Lone Swordsmen From the Double Gone Chapel
- Words: Si Hawkins
- Label: Warp
Who said guitars were dead? With their first Swordsmen release for four years, Weatherall and Tenniswood become axemen, trading punk and funk licks like two session musicians let off the leash. Chapel does begin with the squelchy dub of "Stack Up" and "Faux"'s odd synths, but from there drums and bass guitars rule. "Formica Fuego" could be a Charlatans UK instrumental, for example, while "Sex Beat" is prime punk and "Punches and Knives" is one of several slow grooves showcasing Weatherall's distinctive, if dreary, voice. Drums, guitars and singing, huh? It could just catch on.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player