Two Lone Swordsmen Wrong Meeting II
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Rotters Golf Club
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Andy Weatherall has harbored an eccentric obsession with rockabilly for years now–it showed up in spades on Two Lone Swordsmen's From the Double Gone Chapel. But on Wrong Meeting II, Weatherall and fellow Swordsman Keith Tenniswood (a.k.a. Radioactive Man) make their gothic electro-billy sound work better than ever. On tracks such as “Blue Flame,” TLS slide their legs over the saddle of an 808, crunching their guitar sounds and spitting venom through a bullet mic. Even when not overtly playing the black-leather card, Wrong Meeting II is seedy and whiskey-soaked, wallowing in a new kind of cyberpunk biker rock. This is sticky, nasty, man-in-black rock music for the tech-heavy dystopia set: Wallow and rejoice.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player