Two Lone Swordsmen Wrong Meeting II
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Rotters Golf Club
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Andy Weatherall has harbored an eccentric obsession with rockabilly for years now–it showed up in spades on Two Lone Swordsmen's From the Double Gone Chapel. But on Wrong Meeting II, Weatherall and fellow Swordsman Keith Tenniswood (a.k.a. Radioactive Man) make their gothic electro-billy sound work better than ever. On tracks such as “Blue Flame,” TLS slide their legs over the saddle of an 808, crunching their guitar sounds and spitting venom through a bullet mic. Even when not overtly playing the black-leather card, Wrong Meeting II is seedy and whiskey-soaked, wallowing in a new kind of cyberpunk biker rock. This is sticky, nasty, man-in-black rock music for the tech-heavy dystopia set: Wallow and rejoice.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player