The Uglysuit The Uglysuit
- Words: John S.W. MacDonald
- Label: Quarterstick
The Uglysuit describes its music as “an extended love song to the notion that everything is possible, yet nothing is guaranteed”–a fit of hubris that somehow doesn’t seem surprising coming from six 20-to-23-year-olds from Oklahoma City. Though their debut album doesn’t live up to such conceptual heights (what could?), it’s certainly nothing to sneer at. “…And We Became Sunshine” and “Everyone Now Has a Smile” are driven by rich piano arpeggios and light, blissed-out guitar, the lazy melodies wet with reverb. There seems nothing these kids would rather be doing than playing with each other–a premise that makes a sappy line like “We’re up so high in the sky/Let’s just relax and unwind” easy to ignore.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player