- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Southern
If Ui narrowly missed out on the kind of attention that merited Tortoise during the golden age of post-rock, it doesn't seem to have bothered Sasha Frere-Jones and company. Answers doesn't chase any current In-Sound in search of the industry push. Rather, it continues the group's fixation on rhythm and sound, bringing a bit of rock back to a subgenre that has all but done away with it in favor of a cleaner-lined digitalia. Answers shares more with T-Rex, Fugazi circa Instrument, and Tortoise's debut than it does with To Rococo Rot or Rothko.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player