- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Southern
If Ui narrowly missed out on the kind of attention that merited Tortoise during the golden age of post-rock, it doesn't seem to have bothered Sasha Frere-Jones and company. Answers doesn't chase any current In-Sound in search of the industry push. Rather, it continues the group's fixation on rhythm and sound, bringing a bit of rock back to a subgenre that has all but done away with it in favor of a cleaner-lined digitalia. Answers shares more with T-Rex, Fugazi circa Instrument, and Tortoise's debut than it does with To Rococo Rot or Rothko.
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player