- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Southern
If Ui narrowly missed out on the kind of attention that merited Tortoise during the golden age of post-rock, it doesn't seem to have bothered Sasha Frere-Jones and company. Answers doesn't chase any current In-Sound in search of the industry push. Rather, it continues the group's fixation on rhythm and sound, bringing a bit of rock back to a subgenre that has all but done away with it in favor of a cleaner-lined digitalia. Answers shares more with T-Rex, Fugazi circa Instrument, and Tortoise's debut than it does with To Rococo Rot or Rothko.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player