Ulrich Schnauss Far Away Trains Passing By
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Domino
The music of Ulrich Schnauss is a bit like teenage love: blissful, cloying, fairly predictable. But damn is it beautiful! This re-release of Schnauss‘ first album, including a bonus disc of rarities, serves up more of the high points from 2003‘s A Strangely Isolated Place-swirling melodies, sparkling production and big hip-hop beats-but with less of the overt homage to shoegaze bands like Slowdive. As such, it‘s a more enjoyable album, with the hissing majesty of tracks like "...Passing By" achieving a sweet grandeur of their own.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player