Ulrich Schnauss Far Away Trains Passing By
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Domino
The music of Ulrich Schnauss is a bit like teenage love: blissful, cloying, fairly predictable. But damn is it beautiful! This re-release of Schnauss‘ first album, including a bonus disc of rarities, serves up more of the high points from 2003‘s A Strangely Isolated Place-swirling melodies, sparkling production and big hip-hop beats-but with less of the overt homage to shoegaze bands like Slowdive. As such, it‘s a more enjoyable album, with the hissing majesty of tracks like "...Passing By" achieving a sweet grandeur of their own.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player