Ulrich Schnauss Far Away Trains Passing By
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Domino
The music of Ulrich Schnauss is a bit like teenage love: blissful, cloying, fairly predictable. But damn is it beautiful! This re-release of Schnauss‘ first album, including a bonus disc of rarities, serves up more of the high points from 2003‘s A Strangely Isolated Place-swirling melodies, sparkling production and big hip-hop beats-but with less of the overt homage to shoegaze bands like Slowdive. As such, it‘s a more enjoyable album, with the hissing majesty of tracks like "...Passing By" achieving a sweet grandeur of their own.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player