- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Antiopic
Amnistia!, Ultra-Red's recording of an NYC rally for undocumented immigrant workers' amnesty on May Day 2000, is more likely to be enjoyed by noise fetishists than the blue-collar proletariat. However, it's still dazzling for reproducing the same intensity that arises between street protestors and riot police. Amnistia ("por Nueva York)" recalls the ambient-Marxists' Seattle WTO protest mixes, with its microhouse concoction of clicked beats, DSP scrapes and crowd chants. The vibe then darkens with collages of rally speeches that arise from a murk of feedback drones. Overall, UltraRred presents the event as a hallucination rather than a journalistic dispatch.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player