Unagi Keepin It Eel
- Words: Jesse Terry
- Label: 442
Unagi is like the MacGyver of beats; he could make your head nod with a rubber band, two peanuts and a ball of wax. While fools everywhere are busy imitating the Neptunes with laptops, virtual instruments and sample libraries, Unagi is Keepin it Eel by sticking to his hip-hop roots. Stodgy sampling techniques, old-school drum machine beats (played by hand) and archeological record store finds are the M.O. here. Unagi‘s sophomore release is less about shaking ass than getting ass; like a well-worn issue of Playboy from the ‘70s, nearly every track practically forces you in the mood. Whether it‘s a drunken one-night stand or a wedding anniversary, you now know what to have cued in your CD player.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player