Unai A Love Moderne
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Force Tracks
Plenty of producers dabble in airy, keyboard-driven dance tracks that attempt to recreate new wave attitude. But Erik Möller's lovelorn and edgy reincarnation of '80s synth-pop on A Love Moderne makes similar contemporary attempts sound as relevant and refined as A Flock of Seagulls. Shimmering elastic melodies establish the requisite dreamy vibe but Möller's use of washed-out synths, windswept production, and his own fragile voice creates a real sense of desolation and drama. Add a set of minimal and mechanized beats sculpted in a manner that recalls Ellen Allien and you‘ve got the formula for a dark, romantic masterpiece.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player