Unai A Love Moderne
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Force Tracks
Plenty of producers dabble in airy, keyboard-driven dance tracks that attempt to recreate new wave attitude. But Erik Möller's lovelorn and edgy reincarnation of '80s synth-pop on A Love Moderne makes similar contemporary attempts sound as relevant and refined as A Flock of Seagulls. Shimmering elastic melodies establish the requisite dreamy vibe but Möller's use of washed-out synths, windswept production, and his own fragile voice creates a real sense of desolation and drama. Add a set of minimal and mechanized beats sculpted in a manner that recalls Ellen Allien and you‘ve got the formula for a dark, romantic masterpiece.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player