Unai A Love Moderne
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Force Tracks
Plenty of producers dabble in airy, keyboard-driven dance tracks that attempt to recreate new wave attitude. But Erik Möller's lovelorn and edgy reincarnation of '80s synth-pop on A Love Moderne makes similar contemporary attempts sound as relevant and refined as A Flock of Seagulls. Shimmering elastic melodies establish the requisite dreamy vibe but Möller's use of washed-out synths, windswept production, and his own fragile voice creates a real sense of desolation and drama. Add a set of minimal and mechanized beats sculpted in a manner that recalls Ellen Allien and you‘ve got the formula for a dark, romantic masterpiece.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player