Unit I Came Here to Tell You How It's Going to Begin
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: Co.ad.audio
The world has changed dramatically in the five years since Unit released his debut, The Narcoleptic Symphony, but Cristian Fleming's sonic forays are as cryptic as ever. Microscopic scrapings of noise coalesce from chaos into whorls of rhythm; it's the aural equivalent of running a magnet over a scattered handful of iron shavings while watching them fuse into a single entity. These granular symphonies, complemented by sweeping synth melodies, call to mind vintage Vangelis or Aphex Twin. While his approach is not as revolutionary as it was at the turn of the millennium, few producers manage to operate in both a macro and micro sense as effectively as Unit does.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player