UNKLE End Titles ... Stories for Film
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Surrender All
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Mo’ Wax/Surrender All impresario James Lavelle took his alter ego mass market with 1998’s Psyence Fiction, a high-profile, laboriously assembled collaboration said to have nearly hobbled co-producer DJ Shadow. Since that unswerving album, UNKLE has settled more and more into committing celluloid to sonics, crafting mildly lysergic, slow tracking shots of interlaced rawk ‘n’ rolls. With this latest Shoreditch spaghetti western inspired by and for an Abel Ferrara film, UNKLE has traded furrowed exasperations for much more arcing aspirations. String-laced incidental music slowly sweeps in next to gently frayed tracks with a more blunted stomp, featuring Pablo Clements, Josh Homme, Black Mountain, Gavin Clark, and more.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player