UNKLE End Titles ... Stories for Film
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Surrender All
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Mo’ Wax/Surrender All impresario James Lavelle took his alter ego mass market with 1998’s Psyence Fiction, a high-profile, laboriously assembled collaboration said to have nearly hobbled co-producer DJ Shadow. Since that unswerving album, UNKLE has settled more and more into committing celluloid to sonics, crafting mildly lysergic, slow tracking shots of interlaced rawk ‘n’ rolls. With this latest Shoreditch spaghetti western inspired by and for an Abel Ferrara film, UNKLE has traded furrowed exasperations for much more arcing aspirations. String-laced incidental music slowly sweeps in next to gently frayed tracks with a more blunted stomp, featuring Pablo Clements, Josh Homme, Black Mountain, Gavin Clark, and more.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player