Ursula 1000 Here Comes Tomorrow
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: ESL Music
Alex Gimeno is a man with some serious personality disorders. Fortunately, when Gimeno steps into the studio as Ursula 1000, we, the listeners, get to benefit from his sketchy-at-best view of the world in general. Yeah, he‘s schizophrenic: check out the side-by-side Prince-esque shagger ("Electrik Boogie") and Jamaica-‘66 skanker ("Two Tone Rocka") for proof. But more importantly, Gimeno is solipsistic: whether it‘s retro-mod-inspired dancefloor action ("Boop") or straight-up glam rock ("Hello! Let‘s Go to a Disco")-not to mention Latin, hip-hop, etc.-Ursula 1000 makes genres his own, culling a cohesive album out of bizarro-world diversity.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player