Ursula 1000 Here Comes Tomorrow
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: ESL Music
Alex Gimeno is a man with some serious personality disorders. Fortunately, when Gimeno steps into the studio as Ursula 1000, we, the listeners, get to benefit from his sketchy-at-best view of the world in general. Yeah, he‘s schizophrenic: check out the side-by-side Prince-esque shagger ("Electrik Boogie") and Jamaica-‘66 skanker ("Two Tone Rocka") for proof. But more importantly, Gimeno is solipsistic: whether it‘s retro-mod-inspired dancefloor action ("Boop") or straight-up glam rock ("Hello! Let‘s Go to a Disco")-not to mention Latin, hip-hop, etc.-Ursula 1000 makes genres his own, culling a cohesive album out of bizarro-world diversity.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player