The Valerie Project The Valerie Project
- Words: Josiah Hughes
- Label: Drag City
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
The Valerie Project is the complex brainchild of Greg Weeks, best known for his work in Philadelphia psych-folk group Espers. With nine others, including electronic legend Charles Cohen, The Valerie Project set to write and perform a new soundtrack to the 1970 Jaromil Jireš film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders. Recorded in eight days, the 30 tracks that comprise The Valerie Project demonstrate an otherworldly mysticism where electric guitar solos, fuzzy noise, and classical harps coalesce beautifully. At 74 minutes, the record’s ambitions are strengthened by the fact that its compositions are so stunning, rendering The Valerie Project a success with or without the film.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player