Vanguard Squad Revolution In Our Lifetime
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Vanguard Squad
On Asprin‘s "Revolushun," interwoven vocal samples state the nature of the threat ("Babylon will crush you") and the proposed response ("carry guns and knives and bombs") over sparse standup bass, crisp snares and incendiary organ bursts. Bambouche‘s "Vanguard Squad Main Title Theme" uses the words of Black Panther Eldridge Cleaver "to educate by example" while the bassline marches undeterred towards its ultimate goal: "power to the people." All profits go to The Freedom Archives and The IHA-UDP in Ethiopia.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player