The Vanishing Still Lifes Are Failing
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: GSL
Enter the echo chamber of Vanishing's Still Lifes Are Failing and submit to the shrieking, seductive dancepunk within. Still Lifes launches right into the seduction with "Lovesick," which struts around with a sizzling saxophone line wrapped around its bare shoulders like a hussy's bright feather boa. The Karen-O-esque vocals whip around, rising from insistent moan to all out wailing. Vanishing toys with the balance between unbearably tense and simply explosive, as "8,18" thrums like an anxious, amplified heartbeat, dancing purely on nerve endings.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player