The Vanishing Still Lifes Are Failing
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: GSL
Enter the echo chamber of Vanishing's Still Lifes Are Failing and submit to the shrieking, seductive dancepunk within. Still Lifes launches right into the seduction with "Lovesick," which struts around with a sizzling saxophone line wrapped around its bare shoulders like a hussy's bright feather boa. The Karen-O-esque vocals whip around, rising from insistent moan to all out wailing. Vanishing toys with the balance between unbearably tense and simply explosive, as "8,18" thrums like an anxious, amplified heartbeat, dancing purely on nerve endings.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player