Variable Unit Handbook for the Apocalypse
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Wide Hive
Live hip-hop? Stop rolling your eyes and open your ears. VU proves that organic can be a healthy alternative. "Handbook for the Apocalypse" finds Azeem speaking on signs of the times over a sweeping guitar/acoustic bass/keyboard arrangement. The b-side's "We Are at War" features SF turntablist hellion and DJ Quest cutting over a laid-back jazzy groove.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player