Various Artist Chromeo: Un Joli Mix Pour Toi
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Eskimo
Proponents of anti-snob Jheri curl funk, NYC-by-way-of-Montreal duo Chromeo has partnered with Belgian label Eskimo Records (run by the equally anti-prankster Glimmers) to deliver Un Joli Mix Pour Toi, celebrating the rough-around-the-edges but interiorly hypersensitive electro-boogie fan in all of us. Vintage Solid Gold funk and diffused disco meets springy lover‘s lockin‘ and rockin‘ from Jellybean, Robert Palmer, Herbie Hancock, Modern Romance, The Jets, Sharon Redd, and Warp 9, all glistening for androids ready to bump nasties. If slick, get-down grooves are your thing you can jam on it to the unwavering huddle ‘n‘ hustle of this ‘80s prom-ready mix.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player