Various Artist Elektronische Musik: Interkontinental 5
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Traum-Kompakt
Traum shakes up the format a bit with their latest comp, delivering a solid mixed release rather than their traditional track-by-track presentation. Riley "Triple R" Reinhold showcases the label's current output with a punchy blend spanning from dirty, bass-granulated numbers from Lars Wickinger and Mashkraft to the shuffling tech-house stylings of Jesse Somfay to an ambient outro by sheer bloody genius Nathan Fake. But make no mistake-the meat of this 14-track sandwich is pure electronic 4/4 poundage, during which even Primate's Ortin Cam comes out to play. Out with the chin stroking, in with the pump. Me likey.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player