Various Artists I Like It Vol. 2
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Compost
Like a variety snack-pack version of DMC's Back To Mine series, I Like It returns for round two of its celebrity-hosted listening party, this time with Trevor Jackson, Pole, Richard Dorfmeister, and Trickski doing the selecting. While it's nice to read track-by-track narratives by these accomplished artists, this "personal collection" intended intimacy competes with a rather disjointed sequence of unsung after-hours classics, with the beautiful (Colourbox's rendition of Augustus Pablo's "Baby I Love You So") offset by the ridiculous (David Thomas' "Monster Magee, King of the Seas"). Kudos, however, on the explosively excessive packaging.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player