Various Artists I Like It Vol. 2
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Compost
Like a variety snack-pack version of DMC's Back To Mine series, I Like It returns for round two of its celebrity-hosted listening party, this time with Trevor Jackson, Pole, Richard Dorfmeister, and Trickski doing the selecting. While it's nice to read track-by-track narratives by these accomplished artists, this "personal collection" intended intimacy competes with a rather disjointed sequence of unsung after-hours classics, with the beautiful (Colourbox's rendition of Augustus Pablo's "Baby I Love You So") offset by the ridiculous (David Thomas' "Monster Magee, King of the Seas"). Kudos, however, on the explosively excessive packaging.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player