Various Artists I Like It Vol. 2
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Compost
Like a variety snack-pack version of DMC's Back To Mine series, I Like It returns for round two of its celebrity-hosted listening party, this time with Trevor Jackson, Pole, Richard Dorfmeister, and Trickski doing the selecting. While it's nice to read track-by-track narratives by these accomplished artists, this "personal collection" intended intimacy competes with a rather disjointed sequence of unsung after-hours classics, with the beautiful (Colourbox's rendition of Augustus Pablo's "Baby I Love You So") offset by the ridiculous (David Thomas' "Monster Magee, King of the Seas"). Kudos, however, on the explosively excessive packaging.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player