Various Artist Kitsuneé Maison Compilation 2
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Kitsune/Maison
The Kitsuné maison ("fox house" in Japanese/French) sits in Paris, claiming allegiances to Daft Punk but also keeping an ear on London by releasing Bloc Party exclusives. This compilation forges French Touch-ed glam with a healthy smattering of British grit. Here DFA1979's Mstrkrft arm remixes '70s-rock revivalists Wolfmother while Azzido Da Bass (featuring the singer from Zoot Woman, Les Rythmes Digitales' other band) borders Joakim (Tigersushi‘s electro art director). Not heard Digitalism? Simian Mobile Disco? The air raid-siren synths that acid-house killer Adam "Adamski" Sky percolates these days? For the foxy about to dance, Kitsuné salutes you.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player