Various Artists Lust: Jennifer Cardini
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Human
At first listen, Jennifer Cardini's latest mix might come across as a bit dry, but beneath its cool exterior is a depth of hypnotic groovery that will bring you back again and again. Opening and closing with material from Claro Intelecto, the body of the mix is a calmly prowling electronic blend spanning from Disko B to Mood Music. The off-kilter vocals of Illektric's "Paranoia" and the Wighnomy Brothers' remix of Slam "This World" are tempered by the arid minimal enchantment of tracks by DJ Koze, Lopazz, and Berlin's faceless Sleep Archive series. Two hits of Lust and you're hooked.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player