Various Artist Perlon Allstars: Superlongevity Vol. 4
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Perlon
Staying true to their minimal aesthetic for nearly a decade now, Perlon has become quite the trusted brand, and they once again bring all the perennial Perlonites together for the fourth installment of the Superlongevity series. Label chiefs Sammy Dee and Zip, along with Matt John, Baby Ford, and Ricardo Villalobos, keep the twisted minimal pendulum swaying while Stephan Goldmann and Dandy Jack sprinkle some robotic funk into the selection. The label's proclivity for odd, surgical vocal manipulations percolates through tracks like Dimbiman's "First Laki" and Markus Nikolai's "Wheelsucker." Narcotic Syntax pulls out all the vocal stops with "Raptors Delight," which, even without the ornithophobic lyrics, is one helluva snazzy electro-funk number that nicely rounds out the reduced glitchery of the album. And leave it to Montreal sweetheart Marc Leclair (a.k.a. Horror Inc., Akufen) to cap the compilation perfectly with the exotic strings of "The Absent." Super indeed.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player