Various Artists 5: Five Years of Hyperdub
Here you have it, over two hours' worth of only a fraction of the product released by Steve Goodman's (a.k.a. Kode9) London-based Hyperdub franchise. It's more than a beginner's guide, however. Re-mastered Burial tracks "Distant Lights" and "South London Boroughs" are joined by Kode9's own "9 Samurai" and steady contributions from Kevin Martin projects The Bug and King Midas Sound. Hyperdub's new 8-bit 'n' bass and wonky directions are also represented via songs from Ikonika, Quarta 300, and Darkstar, not to mention a choice cut from legit UK funky goddess Cooly G. Other highs include rolling thunder from Flying Lotus, LD, Joker, Zomby, and a funereal reinterpretation of the Specials' "Ghost Town" courtesy of Kode9 + Spaceape.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player