VARIOUS ARTISTS Amoeba Music Vol. Iv
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Hip Hop Slam
Amoeba's latest melange includes everything from womanist spoken word to indie shogazer pap-all culled from the East Bay, Frisco and LA scenes. The totally hype parts: Balanceman's quirky Soup Or Spy?", which combines '70s spy-film horns with outer-spacey studio effects, Mr. Lif's agitpropist "Earthcrusher," and Lo Lo Swift's sick flows on Equipto's "Rap Attack." The more restrained, but still dope, parts: Loquat's dulcet and schmaltzy "To the Floor," Lil Miss Ju Ju B's schizoid "S&M Boulevard" and Tim'm's loping, Spearhead-y "Red Dirt." Good pickin's, overall: some of Volume IV's 39 tracks are wacker than others, but none warrants a diss. "
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player